26 April, 2010

Did I mention I hate Kentish Plovers?

So I dipped the Kentish on Saturday. Ok, to be expected. It was back on Sunday. Having decided not to go wandering, I didn't check until the evening. It was there again today. When I can't get to it.

I'm starting to suspect it's doing it deliberately, that if I'm there first thing tomorrow it won't be. If I stay in bed, or go somewhere else, it'll be parading up and down at 20'....

Paranoia? ::Checks over shoulder:: Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean the Plovers aren't out to get you.

;)

Today I was very good and did a course on Health and Safety in the Workplace. It was all you might expect. No new birds for the '...Course' list.

Yesterday, when I finally crawled out of bed, I gave the patch a good thrash and was rewarded with a couple of singing Garden Warblers, which was very nice. As I think I said recently, they used to be a regular visitor out the back, and while these were certainly not candidates for a Garden Area yearlist, they were within my defined patch area :D [[Personal definition of 'Local Patch'; area you can walk to from your home]]. I didn't lug the Big Scope with me, so no count of Guilles on the Ore Stone, but there appeared to be good numbers present, as well as the usual plethora of breeding Herrings and Geebs, Shags and Corms. Fulmar and Gannet flew past, and an immature R-T Diver was disturbed by morons on jetskis.

Tomorrow?

::Looks over shoulder again::

Not doin' nuffin'.......

No comments:

Post a Comment