27 April, 2010

I'm not paranoid. Really.

Dipped again.





It will be interesting to see if the little bugger shows up this evening. Or tomorrow. I checked every Plover, and they were all definitely Ringed. Sanderling were new, and spangly in their s/pl. Some Terns were about, if distant and hiding in the heat haze, and after much watching, I picked out at least 3 Arctic and 5 Common among the Sarnies. No visible Little or Roseate, though. Whitethroats sang prettily, Canadas were noisy, and then The Mist arrived in less time than it's taken to type this far. I've seen sea mist roll in like a tsunami, but this seemed to rise out of the mud of The Bight like a really expensive special effect...

With no prospect of seeing anything much, I decided to go home via Yarner. Sunshine and another car park full of badly-parked vehicles awaited. Seriously, how hard is it to park straight and even? I'll give you a clue... It isn't.
Ahem.
I just had a quick wander, looking for Wood Warblers, and I wasn't disappointed. I like Wood Warblers. They're pretty and sing sweetly and you can actually see them! Two males had a right old ding-dong - deciding that just singing at each other wasn't enough, they went into a full-on tussle, spiraling to the ground with wings and tails fanned. Fantastic! There followed a singing chase, before the loser retired a half dozen trees away. He then carried on singing like nothing had happened. I felt much better, I have to say. Who needs manky mud-scuttlers when you can watch birds like these?

Pied Flies were also more in evidence, and the leaves on the trees were starting to open... :D

Right, back to job-seeking!

No comments:

Post a Comment