06 June, 2010

Weekend Wonders

So, this weekend I've been being all local and non-twitchy.

I was intending to rhapsodise about a particular part of my patch, maybe bore you to different tears maybe even entertain you. [Inspiration would be beyond my sphere of expectation] However, I have remembered that [due to the joys of rescheduling] I have to get up for more Course-type fun [no seawatching for me, oh no] and so can't take the hour or three one of those posts invariably takes to write. Why not just start earlier? Well, that's just a silly idea.... I mean, all manner of implications of intelligence there - planning and preparation, insight even....

Ahem.

Short version - been staying local. Saw a Bullfinch today! This is a rare bird on my patch, and always pleasant :) Earlier, the local Herrings were all up having a go at an unfortunate raptor - it was low over the rooftops and it looked interesting, but was too low for a prolonged view and got away before I could scope it. Oh well, story of the year.

Course tomorrow - hoping for a Robin! [Course List is up to a very respectable 17 :D ] Tuesday will I think be very dependent on the weather.....

No comments:

Post a Comment