07 September, 2010

A Day of Surprises


In reverse chronological order....

Looking at a Nameless Internet Bird Related Forum; "Western Bonelli's in Devon... !!!!!!! Wait a minute... Yeah, bladdy Lundy. Little git flies all the way over Devon again..."

[Ok, maybe that's not much of a surprise]

Looking at the Devon Bird News blog; "I am not going to Budleigh, I am not going to Budleigh, I am not going to Budleigh...."
[[Chorus: "'Cos you're not Yearlisting!"]]

[Ahem]


Finally, the proper newsworthy bit....

An adult sinensis Cormorant fishing on the Dart at Totnes today. Now that's what I call a nice lunch break bird! :D
I know according to BOU it doesn't count, but its so great to not only see one, but one so unequivocal as this one was and showing so well. It was fishing it's way upstream on the rising tide and the river was so calm I could follow its bubbles! Result.

Late news from yesterday; a Ruff was feeding on the riverside mud downstream of Totnes, [west bank], before I started work. [[Only took a month of checking before I got something..!]] Work List total now 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment