23 September, 2010

Not So Small Forgotten Detail


It's not something to easily slip the mind, I admit, but it happened all the same, and as I was going to put up a minor update anyway I thought I may as well add to it;

Not a bird on the work list, but a mammal - there's a Grey Seal which swims up the Dart on the highest tides to munch the poor unsuspecting fishies, and we sometimes see it drifting back down, first thing in the morning. Not so far this week, though, but the last two sets of spring tides have given some very close views :)

[[Now I've mentioned it, it will of course never be seen again....]]

News of a birding nature involves a different sinensis Cormorant, seen today and yesterday on the falling tide - probably Tuesday too, but I didn't have my bins handy when it was close, so can't be sure. This one's not quite so super-obvious as the one two weeks ago; with a gular angle of about 85 degrees and a slightly heftier bill [the other one had me think 'Is that a Shag??' when I first saw it. {At distance, without bins, I hasten to add!}]. Also, I slightly miscounted, and my Work List is in fact 43. Yeah, I know, it's a shockingly high total.... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment