15 September, 2010

Sorry About the Delay..


It's been one of those weeks...

Right then, updates on news!

Sunday saw a long lie-in followed by as close to a leisurely stroll around Trenchford and Tottiford Reservoirs as Tilly would allow... [[Rant about thoughtless dog-owners deleted]]

Anyway, it wasn't a bad afternoon [most of the time..], with tit and 'crest bands around and some very nice odonata - first a kissing gate with no less than 8 Common Darter perched on it [2 ad. males, and 3 of each immature] who allowed very close approach - if I'd had my camera with me, even I'd have gotten some crippling shots... ah well. Then a very late and unsurprisingly over-mature female Black-tailed Skimmer by Tottiford [which was almost empty, it seemed]

In other news, today at work there was a Darvic-ringed BHG. It came to look at the ducks getting their early morning feed, allowing me to read 5Y8 [black on white] on it's right leg, and get a partial on the metal ring on its left '...2029..'. Having looked it up, I think its part of a Danish study - I've emailed the organiser, and we shall see.....

Oh, and Work List is now 40, thanks to birds that include such stars as Great Tit! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment