04 March, 2011

Competition


Yes, really.

Not quite yet, though.

So, these last few days I have been particularly busy trying to find gainful employment in a variety of guises. No news yet as to any success, though many hoops have been jumped through and if this was a different kind of blog I'd tell you all about them, oh yes....

While you're breathing a collective sigh of relief, I'll also say that I've done a bit of assorted Patch bashing, with no Wheatears [yes, still a touch early and wind the wrong way, but it's March and it's sunny so it's worth a shot]. I have had some successes; a Grey Wagtail for the Patch Year List - naturally this was in Torquay town centre [right by where I did my course last year!] and at last a Stonechat for the same [I don't know where they've been hiding]. Today there was a nice 4w LBB in the harbour - bill, legs and a few coverts aged it - on the darker side of graellsii, with a 1w LBB, 3 Geebs, 82 assorted Herrings and a BHG. Wednesday had even less in the Harbour, though there was a Moorhen, but redeemed itself with two moulting BN Grebes and 6 GC Grebes close in off Princess Pier / Torre Abbey.

This evening I tried a little star-gazing with the folks in the hope of seeing the International Space Station come over. This it duly did, and while through bins it was mostly a bright blob, as it went into the Earth's shadow, it faded enough for a few seconds' view of it's structure. If [oh, a big if] I remember and its actually clear again, I'll try with the Big Scope tomorrow night. While we were waiting, we were treated to my parents' first experience of audiomig, with a group of Oyks over north! :D

Right then, now for the fun.....

Having finished a film trying to shoot Spoonbills with sticks [because you have to.] I am in possession of assorted 'photos' [term used very liberally], and it occurs to my twisted mind to foist some on you. You remember my lovely Migrant Hawker from last year, don't you? Nope, nothing that 'good'.
[[Run while you can]]
Firstly, I thought I'd give you a couple of photos from last August, one ok, one not so much, as they're a wonderful promise of the hot sunny stuff to come [and on that day it really was...].

Isn't he gorgeous?

Much more of a record shot and as is normal with damsels, just out of focus...

Now for the fun one! The competition is to identify what the hell it is I've photographed. This image has been messed around so much even it's Mum wouldn't know it, as the original is just a white blur [bloody photoscoping..]. Anyone brave enough to guess and lucky enough to get it right will have their name up in the colour of their choice for the world to see and envy! Wow. [Oh no, my server's crashing already.... ;) ]

Here goes;



I'd like to finish by promising wholeheartedly that there will be no more photos for at least as long as it takes to finish another film. [Oh, and no complaints or you'll find out how the Spoonbill shots came out....]

PYL: 93

2 comments:

  1. Red-footed falcon Exminster Marshes?...well it looks like the lagoon at Exminster Marshes... vaguely..with something on a post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guess, Karen but I'm afraid not. The place in question does resemble Exminster Marshes, though.

    ReplyDelete