13 April, 2011

Things Are Looking Up


He says, as the rain pours down...

;)

Now that the weather's remembered what it's supposed to be doing this time of year, I suppose I'd better post a quick update;

Sunday saw another walk on the High Moor, with more blazing sunshine, Wheatears, and a few Swallows past north. On Monday I bashed the Patch, seeking big gardens which might have Garden Warblers, but found only Blackcaps. Lots of 'em! I also got rained on, which I quite enjoyed. [[Yes, I'm odd like that]]. On Tuesday I found myself staring at a tree in Yarner for Some Reason. When I came to my senses I had a good wander around and saw 10 Pied Flycatchers, some quite cripplingly close. It's a wonderful thing when you see a Pied Fly, stop to watch from a good distance, and then he flies right up to you and has a sing... Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers were playing their 'hide and display' game, but I wasn't. [[Hah.]] A male Redstart was a nice surprise [Though I saw my first ever Redstart there, I've learned Yarner is not the place to go if you want to see them!], singing right up at the top, but the little bugger saw me first and skedaddled. Drat. I didn't get a sniff of Wood Warbler, and missed the Tree Pipits too [Though both were present. Allegedly. ;) ]. Today I had Things To Do, so no seawatching for me and no chance at the Manxies and Common Terns that went past Berry Head with no less than 3 Puffins.. Double Drat. I did get a very welcome surprise when I wandered down to the Harbour, though - a 1s male Wheatear! Don't know what he was doing on the end of the pier, neither did he, it seems, as he quickly flew off south across the bay..

But things are looking up. More details on this when they're more certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment