06 January, 2012

One Out of Three Ain't Bad?


This really is going to be quick*. I hope to add more tomorrow.

Today I got back from work, gabbed a bite to eat, then zoomed off on a filthy twitch to the New Forest! Oh dearie me....

The Dark-eyed Junco showed very well, if briefly and with long gaps in between, stuffing its face with the seed which has been helpfully put on the fallen pine it [and a lot of Reed Buntings, Dunnocks, Robins etc.] like. It was a stunning little bird in the sunshine, well worth the trip! The Crossbills were a bonus :D

I then stopped off on the way back to see about that Hume's Warbler - there also being a Richard's Pipit nearby which it would be rude to ignore. This did not go so well. I dipped the Hume's, was looking the wrong way when the Richard's flew into the Bridging Camp, and had an unfortunate encounter with a veritable mudbath of a path... Oh well.


[*See!]


I'm still gonna git you, plover.

No comments:

Post a Comment