21 February, 2012

A Few Clarifications.


Having been shamelessly misquoted in the welsh press, I have a few things I need to say;

First of all, I of course said autumn migration to that young lady, not winter. Evidently she couldn't read her own shorthand...

Yes, Karen, you were right. They always mess it up, be it by accident, incompetence, or 'good journalism'.

Having said that, I will still talk to reporters in future, but only after they sign a contract which, among other things, will include them not using any puns involving the words 'flock' or 'flap' and their derivatives.

I blame this whole mess on my upbringing, having been taught that you should be polite, take people at their word, and always be open and honest in your dealings with others. There's a moral lesson here, kids. At least, as my solicitor cheerily informed me before handing me the bill, I didn't have a reputation to lose - its not like anyone's ever mistaken me for someone who knows what the hell he's talking about, is it? ;)


In proper news, Spring is definitely in the air here, with the Sparrows busy nest-building and two [Birds That Don't Exist On My Patch] getting the shit kicked out of them by 70 [yes, 70] Herring Gulls. Plus Crows. Ouch...


No comments:

Post a Comment