28 March, 2012

Not Yet. Tomorrow, I Hope.


I haven't forgotten about the great big 'orrible post I've threatened promised, you know. Barring Unfortunate Events, it should be up tomorrow. Won't that be fun? ;) Almost as fun as the weather.. come on, 21° in March!?! [23° en route home, but that was Outside Patch Bounds]. Never mind June, its blimmin' August already....

But enough of that...

Just this afternoon, indeed all of 20 minutes ago, a Grey Heron low overhead - mobbed very vigourously by a Herring Gull. The gulls have been going off regularly since I got back from work [I hate day shift...] but no Ospreys.. [Did I mention I hate day shift?]. Did see a Collared Dove at work today, which is new for there, but no Swallows yet.. :(

I did have a very welcome if very brief visitor to the Garden on Monday; a flash of green into the feeder bushes made me grab bins in the hope that a Greenfinch had finally found a way in [not had a single finch since the Holly came down. Not one.] but no, a Willow Warbler! It sat in the bush for all of seven seconds before flying back the way it came...

A final thought... I hope Bob ringed that Little Bunting on the left leg so we can tell them apart! ;D


Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment