04 May, 2012

Clouds


Apologies, but I'm starting with a self-pitying whinge bad news....


There have been many clouds upon my skies this week. Work, of course. Being at work while classic seawatches and falls have happened. That Roller probably flew right over my house, and I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that there were not one but two Nightingales having a sing-off at Hope's Nose while I was stuck wit' nose t'grindstone...


Also, I've been struck down with plague, which looks like it will last all frickin' weekend. I am not a happy bunny*.


It gets better, as just before 5:00 on Wednesday the Gull Alarm went off as something huge went over. I got on it too late, seeing a gbfo raptor with very long straight wings and a proportionately short tail [ie. not a Buzzard, Honey, Kite, or Harrier] vanishing high to the NW. At least an Osprey, I have a horrible feeling it was something even better...  


BUGGER!






Ahem.


But all clouds do, so it is said, have silver linings. Mine came on the way to work today - a Cuckoo! Inside Patch bounds, too. Also, the Swifts are back - making their first evening screaming appearance on Wednesday [a small consolation]. This is one day earlier than last year, and as usual is in the first week of May. Ah, Swifts...  :)












[[*You don't want to know**.]]








[[**Ok, you do; I am a coughing, achey, snot-infested engine of suffering. Aren't you glad you looked? ;) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment