16 May, 2012

Time Flies..


Or not, when you're dragging yourself along Ok, sorry, no self-pitying crap.


I feel better. Not done with it yet, still got a nasty cough, but I don't feel anywhere near so bad, and have been working back up. The weekend looks promising for some proper fun.


Just a pity it wasn't sooner [I know, I know, no self-pitying crap..] Golden Orioles and Kentish fucking Plovers that stay for more than one day - even if that is in cornwall - and the ever wonderful Woodchat Shrike. Oh well....


Right then - its not like I've done nothing, this last week-and-a-bit;


Today a Grey Heron flew over work at lunchtime.


Sunday I went for a stroll around Wimbleball with the Folks, hoping for lots of lovely Bluebells and maybe some birds, too. No Wood Warblers this time, and the Bluebells are still a week or two from their best [drat] but a lot of warblers.. 74, in fact! [32 Willow, 29 Chiff, 8 Blackcap, 3 Whitethroat and 2 Garden]. The lake was crawling with anglers and racing dinghies and full to the brim, so the single Common Sand [spotted by Mum in flight :) ] was more than I expected. It was a very nice stroll, though one of those Kites flying over would have been welcome ;)


Saturday I got out under my own steam - though not trusting myself to drive any distance I only got as far as Exminster. 16 Hobbies were some reward though! :D Before that I dropped into the Nose, where 3 Shelduck and a Garden Warbler [the latter being seen off by a pair of Blackcaps!] were beaten by no less than 4 Wheatears!


Friday afternoon I also hobbled over to the Nose, where a Garden Warbler on the way was eclipsed by a Spotted Flycatcher!! Patch Tick! Crippling views! Oh yeah.... :) 2 Wheatear and 2 Whimbrel down along the Sole and double figures of Whitethroat for the first time this year. Took about twice the time I normally need to do that route, but it was great to get out and do some half-decent birding.



No comments:

Post a Comment