18 August, 2012

Quoting Blake


Seems to be the done thing when you find a Jersey Tiger in your Garden. You may be surprised to learn that it was the first one I've ever seen. You probably won't be surprised to learn that I've tried photography again, and may inflict the results on you at some point in the future...

Moth meeting happened when I got in from work, after that I had Things to Do. As one of said Things was in Paignton, I decided to walk over [plus the cost of parking.. let alone the buses!?!!]. I may have taken optics. I certainly needn't have bothered, as the fanciest birds were a couple of calling Chiffchaffs and the odd BHG... [I had a vain hope* concerning terns in the bay...]. I've not had a decent walk in a while and this was the sunny side of 10 miles, so vaguely respectable. Still not the best of ideas, though, as while the wind was brisk, it was horribly humid out there and the results were not pretty, oh no..

Yesterday I naturally dragged myself kicking and screaming down to Hope's Nose and spent a merry six hours indeed. But more on that later, when I have time to burble properly.



[[*Low-flying Ospreys are a dream]]

No comments:

Post a Comment