14 August, 2012

Short and Sweet


Just before 5pm today, a Swift low over the garden. Rooftop height, clearly feeding, clearly Common.
Had me going for a second, though.. :)


In other news;
At last! Photographic proof! The naysayers can gft* - immature / non-breeding Eleonora's Falcons DO wander and CAN get here. Eyes to the skies, folks....

Speaking of raptors, I had a wonderfully vivid dream** yesterday about being woken by the Gull Alarm to see an Osprey flying low overhead [well, Hill-top height, which is low for any raptor trying to pass the Herrings!]. One day it'll be real. One day...

In the garden, there was a Coal Tit with the Sparrow Mob this morning - quite early for them - and Goldfinches continue to visit. :) Also a Collared Dove after the Traditional Summer Absence.

Finally... Look at the forecast! AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! If you can, get out there and let me know what I'll be missing... ::Sniff::

EDIT:
I've got that Friday Feeling, creeping up on me..
I've got that Friday Feeling, soon to watch the sea!




[[*Go Farm Turnips. What did you think I meant?!? ;) ]]
[[**Yes, I'm getting that bad, its becoming a Dream Log.... ;) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment