05 September, 2013

A Quick Roundup


Hmm, what's worse than posting every day? A long delay and then not going into enough detail, probably.

Oh well.



Tuesday: I hit the Nose early and as I was intending to wander Exe way afterwards, I'd taken the Big Scope along. There were some migrants, including a Reed Warbler in the Top Dell, so down I went to have a quick look at the sea, what with some fog out there...
Ooh, passage? Cue some seawatching! I did very very well, even when the sun came out and the wind died! 1502 Manxies! 127 Balearics!! 3 Skuas!! A Razorbill!!! ;) At least 7 Harbour Porpoises and probably quite a few more! Best of all..... frickin' Minke Whale!!!!!!!!

Safe to say there's a fair bit of grub out there.


Also this little chap came to say hello;

Awwwwwww.....



Wednesday I hit the Nose again and was rewarded with more migrants, this time the best being a Gropper in with a mob of about a dozen assorted warblers and a few LTTs. I had a look at the [much thicker] mistyfog, but nothing was moving in sight. Well, nothing seabirdy;

HMS Defender, off Brixham


Then with the sun deciding to come out, I went over to Stover and spent a few merry hours trying and mostly failing to photo low-flying Southern Hawkers... I am a bit of a masochist, but the utter delight I get from those rare rare times when something works far outweighs the fleeting satisfaction of all the digital types.

Well, that's what I keep telling myself, anyway..



And finally;
Today I have mostly been coming down with Plague...


Bugger.



I have consoled myself with a couple of very nice birfday pressies, which found their way to me via my wonderful family;

Big Grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment