02 September, 2013

Another Patch Tick!


Today, while yet again failing to see Brown Hairstreaks;

Brimstone.
No, not that burnt-out; it's a female.


A few fritillaries and the usual Red Admirals, Peacocks, Commas, etc. among the thronged Whites. Elsewhere, again utter failure on the Chalkhill Blue front. I've not the time to go further today.



Yesterday [all my troubles seemed so far away] [[Sorry]]

Ahem.

Yesterday there was a Family Day On T'Moor. Sister and Brother In Law came up from Cornwall with The Nephew [and their 'orrible dog] and the six and a half and two Others of us had a very nice lunch, went for a wander, then had a very nice tea. There were pubs involved and as I wasn't driving it was indeed Good :D

The Forest Inn at Hexworthy deserves Special Mention for Good Beer and Good Food, plus putting up with the Hounds of Hell [though not all ours, they had some competition!]. We wandered about White Wood and Venford Reservoir - most of the Summer migrants had gone, but there were at least 3 Spot Flies still hanging around and they were gorgeous! Alas I was alone in cooing over them [philistines..]
It was a nice day and no, worry not, I've not forgotten my 'No Horrifically Cute Baby Pics' promise.


Hmm, it's not turning out to be quite the hollyday I'd planned, thanks to the frelling weather [as well as the Other Stuff, too]. I mean, it's the last week of the school holidays* - it's supposed to rain like a bastard then get all sunny the moment the little monsters darlings go back. That's how it always was when I were a lad, anyway! :(

Maybe things will change, maybe someone [looks in the general direction of the Axe] will find some Mega, at least? Another Audouin's - one that stays long enough for me, even??



Hey, I can dream.





[[*Which is a scandal - Back To School always used to be the first week of September when I was at school.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment