26 December, 2013

The Seventy-seventh Diver


HO HO HO!!!


Stop Press:
Brixham Birder Gets Xmas Pressie He Won't Forget In A Hurry!


With rellytives over for the festivities, I spent yesterday being good.



This morning was another matter - I dived out the door and nipped over to Brixham for a proper treat, oh yesssss my preciousss!! :D


The 2w [no retained spotted coverts and far too dark for a 1w] White-billed Diver was tarting around the Inner Harbour by the Lifeboat Station when I arrived and showing as cripplingly as divers are wont to do there. I still remember vividly that GND which made eye contact with me at about 30' - utterly unbothered - before doing the nuclear sub routine. But back to the WBD, which in the sunshine was just fabulous! A bit too fabulous, as even after I shifted to get a better angle the sun still burned that amazing ivory dagger out;

Just look at the sheer blazing bulk of that bill!


Snorkelling - almost a nice shot of the pale nape.


Two shots was all I was allowed, as it worked over to the other side of the Harbour and neatly Houdini'd us. BTD and GND tried running interference, but the WBD had snuck off into the marina - not that we knew that. I wandered down to the end of the breakwater and picked up RTD for a pretty set of 4 divers, then came back and reluctantly tore myself away to get home. [Made it just nicely, too]



This afternoon and a Clan Perambulation about the Patch gave nothing fancier than a GSW and a couple of skulking Blackcaps - no divers in view on the sea from Meadfoot, alas!

Finally, here's a treat for the eyes [and tastebuds! ;) ]. This is what happens when your sister marries a baker;

Gingerbread Cottage for Christmas!
[I soon found out it was full of home made chocolate-covered fudge, too!]



Happy Happy Joy Joy

:D


No comments:

Post a Comment