28 February, 2014

Time For A Change


Greetings and salutations, dear readers.


As you may have noticed, things have been a bit sparse and a lot rut-like on here recently ['recently..?!?']. I've been busy with Important Things That Unfortunately Aren't Birding, and so this birdy[ish] blog has suffered for it. No more.


So, Backward Birding will be taking a sabbatical until I can do something interesting. Quite how long this will be is something I honestly do not know and [judging by recent history] attempts to speculate will only be disproved by the harsh logic of time.



But before that.. A little final news.


Sunday afternoon - oh, way back then in the dim mists of times past - the Little Black Dog took me I took the Little Black Dog for her afternoon constitutional about The Patch. She had a lot of fun - not least due to my taking her current favourite ball along - though my back was less amused. Also my arm, my shoulder, my feet..... Ahem. I saw a lone GND in Hope Cove, Tilly saw a squirrel [she was happier than the squirrel], and a dead [adult s/pl] Guillemot was on Meadfoot Beach [northeast end]; no oiling, neck looked broken [though that could be canine post-mortem, of course].


Wednesday, my first Chiffchaff of the year [!] was at work.


Last night, a male Tawny Owl was calling on't Patch :D



Always good to stop on a smile, isn't it?





Be Seeing You

No comments:

Post a Comment