18 July, 2014

Pretty Pictures



You may recall that I made mention of a film that I had developed recently; wherein should have been a wonderful shot of a Downy Emerald in flight but due to incompetence laziness the malice of fate that Irish Guy circumstances there wasn't. Anyways, of what I got back, some was vaguely discernible, so here we go.


 Small Red-eyed Damselfly
The Borrow Pit




Southern Hawker
Stover


Green Hairstreak
East Budleigh Common




Silver-studded Blue
East Budleigh Common



Downy Emerald
[No, really]
Bystock


Male Small Red Damselfly
Bystock



Ok, all over. You can open your eyes now.


This morning, I got in from work and went straight out down to the Nose. The weather looked interesting on the forecast and it looked downright Big Shears there, I can tell you.

No big shears were forthcoming, but a few smaller ones went by, as did 7 Med Gulls - 2 adults and 5 juvs! - 50 Common Scoter in 3 flocks, groups of Whimbrel and Curlew, a lone Swallow, a few Gannets and Kitts plus the odd Fulmar.. 



What really got me going was something which didn't pass by;



Small Skipper
On My Patch!
Score.




The Skipper is something I've been looking for - at the Nose especially - for years. Today, there he was. It may not be a co-incidence that I'd just run into The Boss - I swear he draws great stuff to him like a magnet..  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment