26 December, 2014

He's Back, Must Be Bonxing Day



Yes, at long last I am back.


Woo and indeed hoo.



Ah, so much time, so little fun to report on... Well, it is that time of the year, isn't it?


So, this month I have mostly been working and when not I've been doing Important Things, sometimes involving my Beast of an oven, but mostly the extraction of money. Joy.


The big day went well for all concerned, so that was good. I even got a little birding in - with a mighty 4 GC Grebes off Blackball!! Wow.


Today I even got to the Nose to do a little sitting in the rain seawatching, which after much to do with auks, Gannets, different hues of Fulmar, and assorted gulls, eventually paid off with a Big Bad Bonxie. As it is Bonxing Day, that was only right and proper. And no, not a single grebe or diver did I see [I'm sure they were all off Broadsands].


Cut back to the weekend, and while up on Haldon looking at trees, I twice met a flock of circa 15 Crossbills, which was a very pleasant way to be distracted.


The Solstice saw me at the Nose, where aside from a lovely adult Med Gull, the main attraction was this cracking male Eider, tarting about by the Lead Stone;

Oooooh!

As you can see, he got up out of the water, but then felt a little bashful..


The week before, a GND was in the same area [though staying in the water], while 14 C Scoter and what was probably a BTD flew past south.


Finally... At least 4 Blackcaps in the immediate neighbourhood [seemingly spending most of their time saying rude things about each others' Mums..] and Great Tits seem to have found my feeders [the colder weather induced me to put the nibbles out again. Now it is raining. Hmm.]




Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment