28 February, 2015

There Is Always Hope


Even when beset by plague and 6 day weeks..


Last couple of days I've staggered wandered over to the Nose after work in the vain hope of finding a nice Eider tarting around. Today in doing so, the faster-than forecast front caught me out without proper waterproofs and took great delight in inflicting sideways rain on my poor suffering body. I do have another Devon Yeartick, though - Med Gull [a nice 1w].
I also took the chance for a quick seawatch from the Crack o' Doom*, from where I saw there was bugger all in front of the front. Hmm, maybe the sustained winds will change things? You never know.


EDIT: Here be the view from thar Crack o' Doom. So named due to it being a bit that's cracking off the top of the cliff behind the quarry. Also for the impressive drop right by your feet when you sit there. The shelter is pretty good though. Just not if you have any vertigo issues.


Looking north of east 
- the Toe is the last visible promontary


I am slowly recovering [enough to look at tomorrow with at least some calculation, anyway] from the lurgy - a vicious one which has many of my co-workers similarly afflicted - with the aid of some decent medicine. None of that honey and lemon nonsense, I prefer decent Kentucky bourbon. Kills all known germs and clears your pipes out a treat. :D



In other news.. I don't think there is any. Oh wait - a Chiffchaff on IMD today was the first on Patch for a while. Also, lots of flowers everywhere [but hey, this is Glorious Devon, where there's always something blooming]

11th of April, folks. :)





[[*A lovely if somewhat precarious spot behind the quarry.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment