10 March, 2015

Persistence


If at first you don't succeed, Mr. Nudge?

Try try again, Mr. Wink.




Well, I have been trying, trying, and trying again for a nice Wheatear, but to no avail. Late last week I actually dared to have something akin to hope, too. After all, if they'd arrived at Fraggle Rock and Marzipan, they should be getting here also. Stands to reason. I know I usually see my first at least a week later here, but the weather seemed promising...


Blimmin' little white-arsed gits.



Ahem.



What else to say?  First migrants at the Nose on Saturday - two flocks of Mipits in/off. Nice Chiff there on Sunday; very vocal, very yellow. Guillemots on the Ore Stone, though not picked out any Razorbills among them [yet - I hope]. Oh, and the weirdest-sounding Blackbird I've ever heard [seriously, I was wondering what the hell it was making that racket; so I hunted it down, merrily singing away in a treetop]


What else?



Er.....



Yeah, exactly. Oh well, at least I'm back on nights, eh.?

No comments:

Post a Comment