14 May, 2015

The 'It Is Now Summer' Post



Why?


SWIFTS!!


Back on Tuesday evening, with 6+ from 1855 'til I had to go to work.
Also right outside my window just now - before heading to a nest site I'd missed last year! - which was just wonderful..  :D


This is the latest date since I've been paying close attention; not surprising, given how late everything else has been this year, I suppose.


So, a ray of light in a rather vexing week. [Bloody herons]


Speaking of things summery, my ickle cactus* has gotten into the mood in a fairly OTT manner;


'Overkill'...What's that???





[[* It lives in a pot on a window sill until it gets too big for the biggest pot that will fit on said sill, when one of its babies gets promoted to a new small pot and on the cycle goes. This is has been going on since the last time the tories had a majority!]]

No comments:

Post a Comment