29 June, 2015

Even Moor Catching Up


[Oh stop it...]

I seem to be suffering punitis today..


I blame the heatwave.



Yes, its going to be so powerful, it drives me crazy[er] before it even gets here.



[[The 'close window' button's just up there...]]



Anyway.

On Wednesday, there was a family reunion. I met my cousin, who I have not seen for 20+ years. Said cousin was down with family and the Folks and I [Sister was working] wandered up the Otter with them. There were Kingfishers and Banded Demoiselles and it was good. The cream teas at Otterton Mill weren't bad, either. ;)


The next day I resolved to get some decent exercise and up onto t'Moor I went. With the army playing with the fun stuff I had limited areas, so defaulted to Vitifer and wandered in a big spiral from there. I covered nigh on 10 miles, with long stops to sit and see what flew by [or just called from cover]. As the day wore on to evening*, I found myself sat atop Water Hill. The view was something else, and a Painted Lady showed up to share it with me. [Ok, probably got blown up and couldn't get off...]


Scenery?


Sousson's Circle


WWII emplacement [radar?],
also Sousson's and SE Devon,
Merripit Hill

Annnd....

Large Skipper
with wings folded!


Birds, odonates, and butterflies all over the place - it was a really good [if a bit hot] day. I took 2.5 litres and used the lot..



[[*The long light evenings are just ones of the reasons I choose this time of year to take some hollyday.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment