29 June, 2015

Vengeance Is A Dish Best Served During Office Hours


It's Tuesday, and after a brief delay at the garage, it was time to head over to the far east for my third attempt at seeing a Certain Yankee Wader..



Welcome to corporate birding, folks.


On the plus side, lots of roomy hides, helpful staff, even paths, loos, etc.

See?

View from Spurgin hide

Oh, and shedloads of good birds.


On the down side, the aforementioned office hours - strictly enforced - and having to pay for the privilege [with no late in the day discount, either].

So Titchfield Haven gets a 6/10 from me.



The Greater Yellowlegs, on the other hand, was so absolutely stunning that despite making me go back for it I was still swooning for hou day... I'm still swooning.

Pics as per usual do no shade of justice;

Greaterlegs



Stunning in the feather


Also present were a bunch of Cetti's, a Cuckoo - still singing, too - and a Common Tern fishing in the river in front of the 'legs!

The traffic was horrific, but I got 'im I got 'im I got 'im!


Ahem.



No comments:

Post a Comment