26 August, 2015

It's A Bird!


And what a bird!

This very morning, as I was finally stuffing my face [having got in from work and after dealing with the laundry*] I saw something wonderful grab and fly on the sunflower seed feeder. Amazingly it came back and even posed for a piccie!

LOOKIT!!

Nuthatch

Not only was I visited by this wonderful bird, but it was then displaced by another one!! Yeeehah!


Ahem.


[Can you tell I'm in need of a birding fix?] But seriously, Nuthatches rock at any time, and seeing them on feeders is always wonderful. [Well, unless you're the poor Blue Tit looking down the wrong end of that bill coming zooming towards you...] Seeing them in my ickle garden** was a treat as unexpected as it was delightful.



Now if only all this wonderful weather will keep it up until I can get to it...




[[*Laundry demands doing first, or it'll sulk..]]
[[**Ok, I'm stretching the definition a bit]]

No comments:

Post a Comment