28 September, 2015

Patch Birding? Bah..


Since dropping that sylvia last weekend [Ed: weekend before, now] I've been determinedly attacking the Patch, trying to find a yeartick on my todd [preferably one I can get a useable photo of.. Ho Ho].

This has been interspersed with having to do various things, many car-related and also expensive...


Highlights include finally* [and amazingly] getting a Turtle Dove on Patch. Not only that but out the sodding window! It flew north along almost the same line the Osprey took earlier in the year. Looked lovely in the afternoon sun, too..

At least 13 Greenfinch coming to my feeders, probably more.
Even better, my first Goldfinch!
Even better than that, a frickin GSW!!!!!!!!!

 Both on the sunflower hearts [seeing the woodie bending almost double to snaffle them - which it did with Woodpig-like alacrity - was quite something], neither photo-able, due to sodding pigeons taking off and flushing everything..



The Nose has been hit daily, with Saturday the best, including a fall of Blackcaps and a lark in/off, plus a fair amount of vismig [usual suspects].



Lowlights? Everything else. Capped off by my 'puter seemingly having a twitter issue and so me not finding out about that Cackler until about an hour ago..

Bugger.


Oh, and I'm back on joyous days.



But the moon last night [when it appeared in the gaps in the thick unforecast cloud cover] was quite something.






[[*I've seen 3 in stone's throw of Patch bounds in recent years. It used to be on the list, thanks to a superbly showy one seen for three commutes in a row in the early 'vox days, but when I tightened the boundary it had to go..]]

No comments:

Post a Comment