07 October, 2015

The Less Happy Post



Ok, so here is the other stuff I was going to rant [Health Warning: yes, we have a rant - with norty words and everything - incoming fast..] about.




Sunday morning at the Nose and as I arrive at the top gate, I am greeted by this;


What was the Hope's Nose entrance sign.

This is the work of somebody who took the trouble to bring a saw - a decent sized hand saw judging by the cut - and did this.

What. The. Fuck.

And if you're wondering, the sign on that signpost is indeed no longer there.
If you're also wondering, that thing between the stump and the post is a bag full of rubbish, helpfully littered no more than 10 yards from a bin.



This is only the latest act of vandalism, I am sorry to say. Have a look a way further down, at what used to be the fence where once upon a time I saw my first Wryneck;


Fence where the Rocky Path passes The Wall

This was done with an axe. An axe! Some person took an axe all the way down - I assume to chop firewood for one of those illegal camping trips that are a now seemingly permanent feature of The Quarry - and hacked away...


What the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?!??





I... Ach, words fail me.





Ok, normal service will resume at some point in the hopefully near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment