25 March, 2016

Shock News:


The Backward Birder actually goes birding!


::Gasp!::



Yeah, today I dragged myself [ok took myself, dragged the Big Scope..] over to Exminster in search of Spring Things and amazingly even found some!

After a lot of wandering about, I eventually realised there were neither waders nor hirundines about Exminster proper, so I lugged the scope through the blazing sunshine [seriously, what is it with the weather??] over to Powderham Marsh. There while sat on my behind, I was able to see not only a nice Ruff [when it stopped hiding, anyway] but 2 lovely if very mobile LRPs. Also present with the ducks [lots of assorted duckth about] were 159 Golden Plover, a spotless Dunlin, and a very well-marked Green Sand.

The LRPs were being buggers;

It's scratching...
 
 
Well, its a plover...
Maybe.

 
 Should have gone to the Otter...



The GreenSand was better behaved;

It spent the whole time doing a creditable WS impression..


 No attempts at Ruff pics even got close.


A Water Pipit was 'around' [ie elusive], but it wasn't until late on that I finally scored hirundines - over the lagoon, of course - and then quite well; a small cloud of 30+ Sand with at least 1 House amongst them. :)

Also of interest were the dozen Peacock butterflies along the Powderham path, and the male RB Merganser sat amongst the duckth on the Exminster scrapes..?!?




Ok that'll do. I have a long and very pictorial post coming up about my adventures up on t' Moor [don't bother running, the door's already locked...], but that's currently on hold.

So I shall simply say


Be Seeing You..

No comments:

Post a Comment