01 May, 2016

Old School Birding


Was the order of the day on Friday.

As the weather scuppered a plan I'd had, I toddled over to one of my oldest stomping grounds [::Cue hovis music:: I remember back when I were a lad, going there to see the Ravens... Ahem.]


Yeah, so, Yarner.

I got hailed on. Hard.
Hmm, this whole 'higher energy hydrosphere' thing may prove even more vexing than I thought...

I shamelessly scuttled into the pond hide. There were birds braving the elements to stuff their bills.

Regardez;

Oi, where's the nibbles??

You're right, there's only sunflower seeds!


Eventually the sun came back out, I ventured out, and there were some nice birds.

Tripits on Trendlebeare [plus Willow Warblers], Wood Warblers, lots of Pied Flycatchers, noisy things, and even a Redstart that stayed put long enough for me to get my phone out...

He was even singing..

What, you didn't expect a useable photo, did you??!??

[I would have had a lovely one, posed with great light and much lower down, but for CENSORED...]


It was a lovely day [when it wasn't raining], with plenty of birds, members of the fan club*, and even a lovely party of adorable little horrors schoolkids - who were doing something with blindfolds. [I didn't dare ask.] At least that explained all the rain; when I were a lad [::Cue hovis music again::] every single time we went to Yarner on a school trip it absolutely BLEEP!ed down...






[[*Yes, for some inexplicable reason, some people actually read this drivel and like it... ;) ]]

No comments:

Post a Comment