17 September, 2016

Various Tits


To anyone following mis-directed searches;   Oops.?



So I had a wander about Yarner yesterday afternoon. I took my little toy camera and had a go at, yes you guessed it, photographing the various small birds which paused for enough microseconds to try..

I say try, as most attempts ended horribly, but I got at least one 'theoretically identifiable' of each of the 5 flavours, plus a few other things coming to the feeders.


On with the horrorshow;

Blue




Coal



Great





Long-tailed*




Marsh


Yup, lots of pants shots of tits..


[Ok, ok, I'm stopping...]


Also;






 Siskin



Nuthatch


Also, and somewhat easier to shoot were these;

















Shroooms!


Then I sat for a while at a handy prepared viewpoint and watched to see what might be passing. Not the ideal vismig point, true, but it was blowing a bit of a hoolie and the seat in question was beautifully sheltered. The view wasn't that bad, either;




Movement not so good, with a few Swallows pretty much it. One of them did have a nice 'red' rump and spread forked tail - which perked me up no end I can tell you - but even before I saw the underside, the lack of collar was an issue. Underneath was entirely standard Swallow; dark chin/throat, pale vent/undertail etc. So a sneaky SxHM [or just got hit by a paintball? ;) ]


More exciting was shortly after I got home, when a juv female Sprawk came zooming past my kitchen window, and zipped into a tree about 1/3 up the canopy. A second or so later maybe 8 small birds exploded out of the top of said canopy like a terrified firework!


Speaking of small birds, last weekend, this little blighter [and a sibling] were on my balcony;


"Feeeed me?"


"Feeeed meee!!!!"


"Feeeeed m-NOMNOMNOM!!"


Delayed second [say after a failure] or even third brood???


No wonder they're getting through so much seed...



TTFN

Be Seeing You..





[[*Clearly unimpressed with potential fame..]]

No comments:

Post a Comment