24 September, 2016

Worth The Wait


After an interesting week's stress, I was able to make my way over to Jennycliff yesterday and have a look at that Ickle Shrike.

The journey was not simple, with circumstances conspiring to make things as delayed and vexing as they could [I love unannounced closed roads without detours..], but in the end..



Yup, yet more LGS pics!

Spot The Shrike

It could be elusive.




Though not exactly cryptic in plumage..





.. It was very mobile.



But also..




It was





Really





Really





Confiding.





Though always..






.. On the lookout for dinner [which often flew right past i-SNAP!]



What a stunner of a bird!


There were a few Chiffs in the bushes, and a Yellow Wag flew over.. As did this character;


Nice prim moult, there



The site itself had some handy facilities, with.. Reasonable views?


Towards Staddon and the sea

Towards.. oh you know where that is


With car park, loos, and cafe right there, a thought occurred;

All you'd need would be a questar...



Today I was good and worked.



There may also have been some baking.. ;)

She was clearly pleased, as a flock of assorted passerines passed by outside my window as I fought dough in mortal combat [the gingerbread put up a fair fight, I can tell you..]



Be Seeing You..


No comments:

Post a Comment