02 October, 2016

Staying Put


Has been the best policy today.

Well, sort of.


I did not - as you may have thought - go scurrying up to the Far North chasing that Pellycan for my Devon list [nice though it would look there].

Instead I hit the Nose, where there were actually a few migrants! Mostly Chiffchaffs..

BUT there was the odd thing flying over, most notably a Yellow Wag and a Tripit. Not enormous numbers, either, but there was something. I ended up spending a fair while there, mostly standing still, staying silent.
;)


Also some action!

Peg!


Juvie Peg: "Oooh, itsa Buzzard!"


Juveniles gotta have fun
[The Buzz disagrees, btw..]

Did I mention the Buzzard disagreed?


 To add insult to.. well annoyance, a little later what looked like the same Buzzard and its other half were required to see off no less than 4 intruders! Height and the vagaries of autofocus limited my recording of the fun;






Not so Low-flying Buzzards



After all that, I decided to do something a little random and wandered up to my favourite vismigging spot on the Moor's edge to see what was passing.




Much shock to actually get some birds!
Biggest passing group was a massive 61 Siskin - though 60+ hirundines [almost all House Martins] feeding over the horse paddocks could count [well, if they'd actually moved off together]. Nice mix of the usual finches and so on, plus a couple of Canada Geese and a small flock of Lapwing.

Best sighting wasn't at all feathery, though;

Awww...

Like the title says, just stay put for a while and you never know what might show up.

:D

It had no idea I was there
[To be fair, very few humans about at dusk]



 And, as we're had lots of Buzzardy fun already, here's some more;








Night, all!



Be Seeing You..


No comments:

Post a Comment