17 December, 2016

Small Updated Post


"I'm still alive, just very badly burned..."


Why am I thinking about Austin Powers?

Who knows, it just popped into my head. Maybe the prospect of playing with boiling sugar brought it on - I do hope it's not a premonition - or maybe it was just a particularly groovy shop I wandered into yesterday while doing the shopshopshopping thang in Iscara..

Anyway, I thought I'd just burble a bit, so here you go.



I don't have a lot of bird news to report, due to work and Festive Things taking up all that time. I'm trying to sort the latter, and the former is now joyously done for a while, so hopefully things will change. Also hopefully changing will be my camera situation, as the lovely people at LCE have come through to replace my ex-joy [it is confirmed dead, though...]. [[Yup, there will be more pics.. Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha]]

Here and here, my nights have been frequently disturbed by yarking Tawny Owls, and my mornings by the Robin singing on my balcony. [I'm not annoyed by this, btw :)  ]
There has been, in a period of fairly quiet activity - now that its warmed up after the short cold snap - an increase in Blue Tits using the feeders, though quite how many is hard to tell without using constant observation.
The usual Nuthatches, Coal Tits, Greenfinches still come, though I haven't caught any more GSWs in the vicinity [doesn't mean they're not there, of course]. The Robin is still doing his/her feeder routine, though I think the change of feeder has foiled the Magpie - which can't get both feet gripped on the new one. Woodpigs are less noticeable, but there are more than enough Feral Pigs to make up for them..
It is my intent to put more time into the sea, as there have to be grebes and divers and things - and maybe more than just the Buoy Farm scoters - knocking about the peninsula's assorted spots and it is my duty to have a look [even if I can't get any dots blobs photos of them for a while]. But getting the Stuff done is priority §1*



EDIT:
 I actually did manage to get out on Patch and have a looksee on said sea. I found a mere 28 Common Scoter - entirely females and 1w - near the Buoy Farm. They were being disturbed by the assorted water traffic, which may explain why there are such dwindling numbers [or they've just snarfed all the shellfish...]. Also 6 Razorbill, but nowt else.
I moved on and found a few birds north of the Nose; a nice and quite dinky GND was in Hope Cove, and 11 more Razorbill, 6 Guillemots, and at least 2 Harbour Porpoises were working around and along a long line of flotsam and jetsam a few hundred metres offshore. 40+ BHGs also in attendance.
C'est cas.





Be Seeing You..



[[* I don't have a hash key on this bladdy keyboard for some reason...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment