12 February, 2017

Eeeuuurrgh.....


An interim post due to.. well, stuff.


I didn't get a lot of birding done today, as I had Things To Do and So On. But I did make the time to stop by the Real Living Coast, where there were at least 8 Purple Sandpipers to coo over, with 3 Turnstones and a couple of Rockits. I hadn't taken my camera - like I said, not proper birding - so no tiny dots of the 19 GC Grebes in view [with 1 Razorbill] in the top end of the Bay.

Needless to say, I inevitably found something. Indeed, a something so 'orrible that it demanded recording.

No, no mercy, no escape. It's Back To the Old Days... The DREADED PHONEBINS OF DOOOOOOOOM!!!!!  Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........


Ahem.

Yeah, so here you go, more horribly unfocused burnt out monstrosities. Don't enlarge these I beg you;

One of these gulls is not like the others..


::Faints in horror::


Now it's going off in a huff..

And it did, swimming out into the Harbour then flying off before I could get more than these.

So, we have a more-or-less Herring Gull sized dark grey-backed gull, missing some facial feathers but still with a really chunky bill. Judging by said bill a 2w but with lots of adult type feathers. You can't see the tail, which is a real bugger as it had a huge black bar, with black reaching up many of the outer webs [I think], creating a Pied Wheatear-like effect*.

[*But from a deeper terminal bar and without the black central feathers]


Funny ickle Geeb? GBBxHerring? GBBxLBB???


Whatever spawned it, I know two things; One, I'm gonna need the brain bleach. Two, so are you. ;)



Proper posting with proper birding and proper photos of some properly pretty birds will follow at some point in the coming week. Trust me, these ones you do want to see! :D



Be Seeing You..



No comments:

Post a Comment