23 February, 2017

The Cute The Bad And The Noisy


Scenes from a Patch, and so on..


There are always flowers on The Patch, it's a part of being in Glorious Devon dontcha know, but once things start to warm up a little they really get into gear. Here be a few brightly-coloured things that caught the eye;

Defying the feet of heedless passers-by


Mimosa, sweetie?


Snowdrops and..er..
Idon'tknowwhattheyarebutthey'repretty


Ok, enough of the eye candy, time for an eyesore or two. Oh yeah, it's a roller coaster on here;

Blasted heath..

This is, or was, the southern half of the Second Slope at the Nose. When this was an area of Blackthorn and Gorse, a couple of pairs of Whitethroats nested here. Not any more. The lower edge had a bay in it, where I have seen every single Redstart I've ever found on Patch. Every Single One. I even dubbed the area 'Redstart' for it. Not any more. It gave shelter to the butterfly-rich paddock by the Mud Path. Not any more.
I think I've belaboured my point enough..


But I'm sure the tcct know better than me. After all, dogmess-streaked muddy grass and Bracken is a far more environmentally useful habitat than warbler-streaked Brown Hairstreak-used Blackthorn scrub, isn't it?

Not just one more spot, either;

The top of the South Side


Looking the other way


Speaking of annoying things at the Nose, there's no escape from them...

This my camera would focus on...


Right, after all the tooth-grinding vexation, I think we need to remind ourselves of the nice pretty things out there. The glory of Nature and so on. Here comes the Wow..

Almost an eagle*


How's about that? :D


Yeah, that was pretty darn good, but I'm still not centred after all that badness, so I feel I must sign off with some extreme violets;

Proper wild ones, too



Be Seeing You..





[[*Ok, it might have been roadkill...]

No comments:

Post a Comment