27 March, 2017

A Little Sunshine


Here and there over the weekend.

The big day on Sunday took up a lot of it, both in doing and preparing, and indeed went off very well. :)


About the Patch, I only got out for a quick futile Whitethroat hunt on Saturday afternoon [there was a Lemon and Lime Drizzle Cake to bake, you see.. ;) ]. The sun was promising, the wind less so, the hordes of mundanes everywhere really not so.. Ah, what can you do?

No Whitethroats, no Wheatears, [no sign of Bailey Jr.'s Cirl, either]. Persistence eventually found me a migrant, but it was naturally mobile and annoyingly clever in its photo-dodging poses..

How to hide your legs, face, wings, and underside.....



As to where I'd recce'd and we visited for the Traditional Mothers' Day NicPic.. I'm under instruction not to publicise the exact location. This is not due to Schedule 1 or anything, just sheer selfishness! Yup, no shame. It's gorgeous and lovely and wonderful and quiet [well, mostly; there was a Little Black Dog around...] I will be back, and may possibly even drop more obvious hints [it's not as if I've got a six-figure readership, after all*].  :D

I will however put up a few pics, so if you reallllly want to know, you can work it out.

Can't see the rock for the trees?


I really lichen this place


Flooded forest

Wildlife-wise, there were singing Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps, and of note the first Brimstones I've seen this year, both on site and en route :)


In other news, I'm still to see a non-sandy hirundine yet this year, so bah and humbug.

And no, it didn't even call!


Be Seeing You..





[[* A figure of six readership more like it...]]

No comments:

Post a Comment