31 May, 2017

Walkies!


After getting a few Needful Things done, I took the opportunity of an extra day without work to get out for some exercise.


The weather was not quite as forecast - hey, what's new - but I was prepared for a variety of scenarios, and the 19° + 30m mistyfog was indeed one of them. I was also intending to carry on with my mission to visit all of the notable bits of t' Moor in the year..

Here's another infamous walk in pictures....

"Wot you doin' here?!? Haven't you seen the weather??"

But where was the Swallow parked?

Near here;

Sourton Tor

Taking the scenic route

How's that for the Road to Nowhere? Not been along this bit for an age. True, the scenery's a bit... lacking, but the peace and quiet was second to none! I mean, I didn't see a soul until the afternoon, would you believe it on a Bank Hollyday?? ;)

Nowhere.

I still have no idea why they called it Bleak House.. Lovely spot.

Yikes! Whist Sheep!!

It was thick enough that you couldn't see one end of Great Links from the other..

And then, as if by magic...

It was like somebody threw a switch. The clouds lifted and the sun even tried coming out...

Chat and Sharp, plus sunshine!!


Arms Tor

The cloud still lurking, though, atop Gt Links

Widgery Cross on Brat Tor


On The Nodden

And heading back north.

There was more wildlife on my way back than I'd expected on my way to Gt Links, and some of it was even unwary enough to get photo'd;

If I hadn't seen it flying in..


The Skylarks feared no mistyfog


Gt Nodden from Sourton, plus free Wheatear!

All the Wheatears at Sourton

At least six of them. :) The band of Swifts were far too fast to get [there were 8 of them, zooming about the tor], as were the non-landing hirundines down by the waterworks.


It was a 21km yomp over mostly tracks, and some bits of them very wet indeed, though the Lyd ford was at a perfect 2", and I felt it somewhat by the time I staggered home.. Then again, I am a bit out of practice [or.. "It's been how long since I got out properly???!!??"]



Be Seeing You..


No comments:

Post a Comment