17 August, 2017

Not Seawatching At the Nose


Ok, a better title would be 'Not succeeding at seawatching at the Nose'; of course I tried.. But it was a bit dead.  Ahem.


Mooching about the Patch on Sunday, [well, you have to try. Look. Search. Fail. Because sometimes you don't, eh Dave? :) ] I inevitably wound up at the Nose, hoping for one of those lovely Summer evening tern passages. Didn't get one, so I took photos of gulls instead.

:)


Uh oh, indeed.

Classic seawatching weather


Yeah, my Patch. It's a horrible place to live. Don't know how I can look out the window, never mind go out, really I don't....



Speaking of horror, I saw a sight I did not expect;

Floppy-haired hominid on The Lead Stone


Having swum out - flushing all the gulls and 5 Oyks in the process - he wandered about for a while and then.. I thought 'no.....', but oh yes he did;


Hominid returns after completing display

No in-flight shot as I had my phone out ready to hit 999 until I saw that he'd survived...


After that, it only gets worse. Cue the gulls!

ID Quiz 1

ID Quiz 2

ID Quiz 3

Heh heh heh...


With lots of people and sunny weather, there weren't many birds in evidence - other than the usual deplorables - but it was nice to stretch the legs and hey, you never know.

Now, all this sunshine means it must be Autumn, and I reckon the trees think so, too;

Conkers!



Also, while I'm here.. I'd like to congratulate The Boss on his victory. Not the first Devon unquestionable [because the Eddystone IS Devon, and using sane systems like countries do* to determine who owns what water {so to speak} would put the D/C border 4.5nm towards Rame Head. Ahem.], but still a great thing, well deserved.



Be Seeing You..



Rant Alert:
[[*Where boundaries commence normal to and continue equidistant from coastlines. This being because in the real world, coasts hardly ever go due N-S and E-W and to act otherwise is so irrational I am honestly shocked that anyone could endorse it. Especially as all the other maritime boundaries - such as EEAs - do not, so it's not a matter of finding a new methodology, is it?]]

No comments:

Post a Comment