18 March, 2018

Winter Wonderland


I have returned alive from my mad jaunt wander about the Patch.

I took a rather scenic route to the Nose - yes, I got there - where I found a worrying number of grounded birds - mostly Mipits - and wished I'd had more than apples with me. These I thirded and lodged in sheltered bits not too close to cat ambush spots [ok, maybe a little paranoid, what cat is going to be out in this?*]. At least it's something.


Time for a few pictures from my travails and indeed travels;



There was nobody fishing off Longquarry
Can't think why.


A lovely day at the Nose

Glorious, isn't it?

I must admit, there was a little satisfaction in being able to say I've birded the Nose in all weathers now. I hadn't been able to before due to lack of 'massive horrific blizzard and deep snow', but well  TICK!
;D

And there were birds.. Ok, manky gulls, but what more do you need?

A 3cy Herring Gull
Oh, the horror

No more, though, as [as you may have hoped guessed] my autofocus did not like all the frozen things flying through the air..

Instead, here's a few other pictures;

Oh so festive 
[But why has nobody climbed the climbing wall?]


Look at the depth of snow on the bushes


Poor Rosemary...

From the morning
[snow depth more than doubled since then]

Annnnnd finally. Here's a picture from a year ago. Because.. well, come on, it's the frickin' Equinox on Tuesday!!!

The other 'white stuff on trees'

If anyone would have said what 2018 would bring.. I would - no, wait, I would have thought  'Well, yeah. It IS possible..' Then I would have laughed...

Hmm, icebergs offshore next?


[I'd settle for another Berry Head white Gyr, maybe with a Snowy for company?]


[[What?? If you don't ask, you don't get. And sometimes the Goddess of Birding is feeling Beneficent.]]


Be Seeing You..





[[* Oh yes, one which is a 'natural part of the ecosystem' and not an unnatural wildlife massacre machine.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment