20 May, 2018

Quest For The Hidden Temple Of The Wood Warbler, part twenty nine


Hyperbolous? Well, this was how it seemed to me, bashing my head against the woody walls of Yarner, trying to find a bird that only a Chosen Few could see or even hear...


I was again testing my definitions of sanity at Yarner on Friday. The sun shone, the wind was light, and yet...

AbsoBLEEEEEPinglutely nothing.

Ok, I must clarify.

Absolutely no sign of Wood Warbler.

Other things were present;

Trees!
[Ok, perhaps a gimme, there]

With free flies

Yes, Oak leaves out, so try finding those leaf-camouflaged birds now...

Not just seabirds that stack up with rations

Either very easy or very hard to spot

Trying his best to trill

Ooooh! An actual migrant, all singing and so on.

Spotted Flycatcher

Yes, he was lovely, a real treat. But he was alone in the prime Woody area...

Hmm, wait, here's an un-photographed species!

Dryad's Saddle

Take them where you find them, right?

But I was foiled again, and with the staff too busy setting up a fair to wonder where their warblers were, I tried very hard not to despair at the loss. Yarner means a great deal to me, and not having the sound of Summer lessens the place...

I wasn't going to stop looking, though. I just had to widen the search.

Coming Soon;
The Seemingly Endless Quest For The Ecstasy Of Green
Continues!


I shall

Be Seeing You...



No comments:

Post a Comment