13 August, 2018

Yesterday's Birding [That's More Like It]


After deserting the Patch on Saturday, how could I not be down at the Nose for first thing the next day?


Very easily, it turned out, as alarm issues [Ie. me not setting the right time...] caused me to be a good hour later getting going than I planned. I'd meant to be all good and walk over, even!

Yeah, so I wasn't alone, either on site or in being late, as Mr B Jr arrived not that long after me. He bravely tried out the Steps, but the wind was feeling malicious, so he relocated to the Traditional Spot. I have more than once in the past mused on the eccentricities of what is seen between different points along the coast. Even 30-odd metres [and, to be fair, a markedly different direction of viewing]
made quite a difference, with stealth terns, vanishing skuas, and materialising waders, to name but three*.
Later on, with better weather, when another birder arrived [two in a day, I nearly fainted!] and sat about 5m from me, while he got on everything first, due to looking further north, we got the same birds. Though being in easy conversational distance helped a lot!

Anyways, I gave it seven and a bit hours, and saw this, that, and indeed the other. A longer post will follow, when I have time to write it, [oh dear], so in the mean time I shall treat you to a couple of piccies.. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Wind, overcast, chum.. 
What more do you need?

Gulls!!

Heh heh heh

Fork-tailed Gull?
;)

Right, time for some fun!

Itsa skua,
but which one?

Finally, I think you might even enjoy this here gull;

I wonder what this is?



It is a rare treat for an interesting gull to pose this well, so enjoy it while you can.

Yes, there is worse to come.
 :D 


Be Seeing You...


[* And then we have the shearwaters..!]

No comments:

Post a Comment