14 December, 2018

Looking Down


Right then. After seasonal delays, here is what I've been looking at when not being pre-festive.

Plentiful Winter Heliotrope


I've not been doing no birding, why only on Sunday I saw a lovely female Sprawk cruising along the undercliff below the Downs. Too slow with the camera, of course...

The day before, I made time to go prowl about in the howling gale, to- Well, not exactly great results. A lone GND in Hope Cove - which scarpered before I got into photo range - was the best of it, and even the Gannets weren't on great form. I did find a good gathering of BHGs [with a camera-shy Med {2w} among them], but no little Surfing Things up my end of the Bay.

Looking down has been more productive, with some almost good results. Possibly actually interesting results [If I've got the IDs right anyway, which is.. Well... If.]

Ok, on with the horrorshow assorted pictures;

Awful even for me, but you can just see 
the white blobs of Guilles back on the Ore Stone
[there were about 85 visible to bins]

Yeah, I know..

"Oh Bonxie*, he's got a camera!"
[Kitt on shore - must be windy!!]

"Did you see where Mum and Dad went..?"

Black-headed Gulls

Herring Gull variation

Token flight shot



But let's get to the title reference. I was both surprised and delighted to find some more fungi on Patch, including a few I'd not seen since a certain trip up North...


Parrot Waxcap

Did not expect to find this. It wasn't alone, either..

Vermilion Waxcap

Butter Waxcap

Heath Waxcap

Hygrocybe reidii
[How about 'Orange Peel Waxcap'?]

Five flavours. Not bad for my li'l Patch.  :D

Other fungi on show around and abouts;

Deer Shield

Possibly a small Tawny Grisette

Oyster Mushroom

Satin Shield

Old and manky
Cortinarius sp., possibly porphyropus

Rigidoporus ulmarius


That's all, folks.


Be Seeing You...



[[*This being a very rude word in Kittiwake..]]

No comments:

Post a Comment