27 May, 2020

A Grand Day Out. Pt. 1; Roadrunner Of The Sky



Missing the Devon Collared Pratincole of recent years hurt, as only a Lifer in your home county can. Ah, the Joy of Work. [Yes, yes, could be worse, stop moaning etc. etc....]

So, when news broke of one distant but in reach and more importantly actually sticking around, I ummed for a few microseconds, then very bravely waited until the wind was [forecast, at least] to ease off to go after it. I did wait on news - tart that I am - but positive news = can't see me for dust.


I was almost as fast as this!
Collared Pratincole.

Yes, that shot again. I like it. :)

Told you I had sharper ones

Didn't promise better

Or did I?

Maybe should have led with this?

Or this?

Against a green background


'The speed of a Swift, the agility of a Swallow', or 'Cross a Nightjar with a pterodroma'.. You get the idea. Wonder to watch [especially when it shoots past you over the levee at grass-cutting height, maybe 8m away!], nightmare to photo in flight. What a bird.



Pilning Wetland from the levee


A bridge

Another bridge

Common Mallow

Mipit


Having travelled on first news, even after a couple of hours with the bird [and a nice stroll down from Aust Warth] I had half a day to play with. Oh, what to do...??

Hmm, date, weather, social distancing..


Oh, I've got an idea!



Coming up;

A Grand Day Out Pt. 2; Pretty Little Things And A Great Big Tonker



Be Seeing You...


No comments:

Post a Comment