07 August, 2010

Right then...


Firstly, a little experiment....

Can I, Backward that I am, work out how to put a picture of the Mystery Moff [TM] on my blog, so all you moth fans can tell me what the frick it was? [In case I forgot to mention it, I successfully released it, btw]





Ta-da!!!!!!!!

:D I am so pleased that that worked.... :D
The moff in question is about 3cm wide, and liked to sit on ceilings - in this case above some stairs, requiring some precarious work with the camera mounted on my tripod to get a shot....

Today, in the course of getting things done, I just happened to be at Bowling Green for the high tide. Unfortunately, the coobeasties were there too, cropping the vegetation at the back down so we can see all the lovely vagrants that might just grace us with their presence this Autumn...
This meant the waders were either a) flying to Goosemoor, b) flying somewhere else, or c) hard to see on the lee side of the slope. There were 2 Garganey and 2 Green Sand, an amazing 19 Greenshank [though only 10 stayed] and 28 Little Egret [most only visible from the road] and a now w/pl Spotshank to look at, along with the usual waders and wildfowl, so it was by no means a wasted trip. The Black-headed Gulls had no discernible Meds with them - a pesky Crow and 2 Buzzards kindly putting them up to make it easier to check - and the 30-odd Dunlin that dropped in were all just that.

To end, and not, you understand, in any way shape or form to show off at all, here's another picture....





Who said film was dead?
;)


2 comments: