12 November, 2010

Need You Ask?


Got a bit more than 10 minutes in either side of work today. This was spent cruising slowly around Totnes with my windows down looking for berry bushes and Starling-like things that go 'Sriiiii!' [or 'Sreeeee!' or 'Srrreeee!' or 'Sri'i'i'i'i'i'i'i!' or however you want to write it...]. The half built-on car parks had a flock of about 40 Starlings in the morning, and Morrison's [Better supermarkets are available] has a nice berry-rich bush or two right by the building, but unsurprisingly all I got through my windows was rain. And annoyed glares from commuters.

It was worth a try.

In other news, a Cormorant flew downriver at lunchtime, and this time I spotted the bugger early enough to get bins on it as it passed - the nice sinensis again. :D Grey Wagtail and 2 Little Grebes were the other birds of note, with no sign of the Blackstart either..

Right then, guess what I'm doing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment