02 November, 2013

Another Quickie


Decided through a feat of prescience not to go to 'Gwarra today and instead hung around at the Nose.


Shock, horror I know...



Early on I stayed overlooking the South Side until I saw the rain coming, then gave the sea 5 hours.

Two nice big feeding frenzies - one to north of The Wreck, one in the north part of the Bay - attracted more than 600 Gannets, Kittiwakes, and large gulls. Also 5 distant skuas and a lone Manxie. Passage was mostly Kitts and Gannets, with 3 C Scoters, a Little Egret, a Turnstone, 5 LBBs, a smattering of auks, and best of all.. a cracking 1w Little Gull, nice and close, too. :D

Had one good hit from a very nasty squall, but the rest all missed, or things might have been better. As it was, 50 Kitts an hour and 37 Gannets. Also of note, my first Fulmar since 15/9!


Yesterday I got to Yarner very briefly - of interest, there were at least 6 Marsh Tits coming to the feeders.

On Thursday a flock of 32 Goldfinch flew over - roughly south - as I got to work.


I will get to the full catch-up, honest...



No comments:

Post a Comment