14 August, 2014

Working All Day? Bird At Night!


Short and sharp, folks.. ;)


Tuesday night and with something approaching clear skies, I had a look for Perseids before I hit the hay. In 15 minutes I scored an amazing 3. Amazing as I have no view to the NE, which is where they radiate from! The third was a real corker, too; big glowing ball, not just the usual streak.


What really made my night though, was what I heard. Oh yeah, audiomig strikes again and it strikes gold - Little Stint!!

Not that I'm good enough to have known the call - how many calidrids can you ID on call, other than Dunlin and Purple Sand? - but with the wonders of BWPi readily at hand, I soon found it.


My first wader here, it's not just a Home Tick, but also a full Patch Tick. What a wonderful little bird.

:D



Ok, gloat over.




No, wait... Yesterday I saw a Painted Lady here, too.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment