28 November, 2014

Black Friday

Most used post title of the day..


And speaking of.. a shiny new interiors shop opened on the Patch today.  Just. They were working day and night and only finished this morning! Oh, but the mayhem therein...


Never mind that, though; I got the Yellow-brow!! This afternoon, I was coming down through Wellswood and right by the school, there was the band of LTTs and 'crests. After a few minutes of awful attempts at mimicry, it appeared, called twice, and flew off. Score! :D


Before all that.. Big Scope over the shoulder, I got to the Nose in the howling ENE wind and gave the sea an hour [mainly due to there seemingly being nothing doing on land]. I was eventually rewarded by a lone diver.. but it was a Black-throat! Looked like it went into the Bay. Otherwise just Gannets and auks [mostly Razorbills] with a handful of Kitts and Fulmars.


Wandering back along IMD, I stopped for a group of Blue Tits. I like Blue Tits, they're very underrated birds; could fly right into any rainforest you can name and look at home. Anyway, after watching them for a few minutes, all of a sudden an amazing male Firecrest pops out right in front of me and works the ivy and vine clad conifers like I'm not there. Not one call did it give. WOW. Second best ever views [after the minimum focussing distance one at Bellever]


I also gave the more sheltered bits of the Patch a bash this afternoon, finding 6 more tit bands [and of course the YBW] than I had when trying a similar thing on Monday. Go figure. At least 3 Blackcaps but no Chiffs were found also.



Just goes to show. If at first you don't succeed.. Keep on trying far beyond all logic, reason, and even vague notions of common sense. Reality will eventually give way.


Maybe.





Right, time to quote Zebedee.

No comments:

Post a Comment